Service Care Solutions are looking for a Data and MI Architect to assist in the launching of a new Cloud based Enterprise Resource Planning system Hera. This is a flagship programme under the Governments Shared Services Strategy. As the programme completes its first release we are looking for a number of contractors to fill critical roles in the Service Team.
The Data and MI Architect provides data architecture leadership across the Hera Service Function (HSF). They own and drive the continuous improvement of data identification, classification, documentation, master data management (MDM) principles, tools and good governance. The adoption of data standards that align with the Government entity, Customer and Government objectives, strategy and tactics. And assurance that appropriate data management controls and practices are in place and working effectively.
1. Provide master data management leadership, thinking and strategic direction within the HSF. Actively scan the horizon, attend events and forums, read articles to gain an awareness of current and emerging data and MDM practices, tools and use cases relevant to the technologies, products and Shared Service supported by HSF.
2. Take ownership of existing Hera data artefacts, models and documentation. Maintain these artefacts and ensure they are updated as the product and service evolves.
3. Ensure HSF MDM is maintained and evolves in line with good practise including Government Functional Standard GovS 005: Digital, Data and Technology; GDS shared service strategies; Hera technical standards; Enterprise architecture.
4. Lead on Master Data Management practices and assurance across HSF. Identifying and classifying the different types of data and reports used, the risks and opportunities they present, appropriate risk treatment including the appropriate control of data changes.
5. Identify opportunities to maximise the value of our data to all our customers and stakeholders.
6. Work with the chief data architect to explore the feasibility of introducing an MDM tool to improve data identification, relationships and control, across Hera and the wider set of enterprise data.
7. Contribute to system change Impact Assessments, Designs and implementation plans
8. Provide Data leadership and support to HSF team colleagues in relevant matters, such as new or changed system integration's.
9. Build close working relationships with other data architecture roles and forums within IDD, FCDO and HMG led communities. Collaborate with the Chief Data Architect to build and promote an MDM community and career development paths.
10. Develop personal and team capability and skills, with reference to DDaT Role Profiles, specialist skills standards and Civil Service behaviours.
11. Engage and participate in HSF continual service improvement, service optimisation, customer satisfaction.
12. Work collegiately and collaboratively with colleagues including contractors, stakeholders, partners, customers and related organisations.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
Back to Job Search