We are currently working alongside a leading online sales company, based in Blackburn, who are in need a Head of Compliance to join their team. This is an fantastic opportunity to join a fun and expanding organisation with people and culture at their heart.
ROLE: Head of Compliance
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000
- Group compliance across all of the business and driving a compliance culture aligned to the company values (Including own book finance company with full FCA permissions)
- Embedding the core principles of consumer regulation into our general sales and operational teams
- Horizon scanning of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting the firm's activities
- Identifying compliance risks and developing communication lines with appropriate controls within the regulatory framework
- Producing accurate and timely quarterly and annual reports for the senior management team with key statements
- Ensuring the "3 lines of defence" are being maintained throughout the business and all audits documented
- Managing the compliance monitoring team including performance feedback and appraisals
- Educate and train all associated members on regulatory, industry and compliance requirements
- Proactively review current or new, policies, procedures and business practices to identify needed compliance changes, or situations that may pose significant compliance risks, and guide management in these.
- Chair the compliance monthly meetings which will include matters such as quality assurance, horizon updates, potential risks, etc
- Develop and maintain the compliance monitoring framework including:
- Thematic reviews, file reviews and compliance monitoring activities under the compliance monitoring plan
- measure and test adherence to policies and procedures
- liaise with relevant staff/managers to ensure that remedial actions from compliance monitoring are closed out
- Producing and sending all regulatory FCA reporting to the regulators on time and accurately
- Minimum 3 years of Financial Services experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the motor finance market including insurance distribution
- Ability to gain the FCA approval to hold the Senior Management Function (SMF) where required
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all legislation and regulatory bodies for the industry and can display this at all times
- Have a diversity and inclusion mindset to ensure that every associate is given the same opportunities to learn and succeed
- As a senior leader, be able to communicate effectively at all levels and with a mentoring ethos for our associates
- Confident in taking own initiative and identify opportunities to enhance our customer journey even when working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to interact with a diverse stakeholder group
- ** ICA Diploma or equivalent in compliance is preferable but not essential
If this sounds like an opportunity that is right for you or someone you know, then don't hesitate to get in touch with Alex Procter via email, Alex.Procter@servicecare.org.uk, or via phone at 01772208952 .
We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.