A Housing Association based in Middleborough is currently recruiting for a Repairs and Maintenance Quantity Surveyor to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, permanent position and the ideal candidate will have extensive experience within Social Housing and experience working within Repairs and Maintenance.
The purpose of the role is to report directly to the Senior Commercial Manager, will work closely with the repairs, voids, gas and electric servicing and internal investment management in the delivery of a quantity surveying function to support an annual budget of circa. £45M.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- You'll ensure that all works are delivered on budget, protecting the groups commercial and contractual interests throughout the Partnership Framework.
- This role will underpin the operational delivery, enhance commercial awareness within the team and deliver a great customer experience along the way.
- Hold commercial management responsibility for all works including the preparation and analysis of monthly reports relating to the performance of the internal workforce, sub-contractors and material suppliers.
- Produce valuations / final accounts for the Asset Team relating to schemes completed by the internal investment team.
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience of management of large budgets and controlling expenditure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with managers and employees at all levels, along with other stakeholders external to the business including customers
- Well-developed influencing, persuasive and negotiating skills
- Knowledge and awareness of legislation that is relevant to the construction industry
- Excellent up to date knowledge of construction materials in order to support development and innovation
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £48,510 per annum. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!