Job Opportunity: Firearms Licensing Administrator
Principal Responsibility: As a Firearms Licensing Administrator, your principal responsibility is to provide an effective and efficient quality administrative service to the firearms licensing team. Your focus will be on ensuring that all firearms licensing applications align with legal requirements. Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking processing activities, flagging concerns or suspicions of potentially criminal activity to Supervisors.
- Maintaining awareness and updating knowledge in Firearms Legislation and changing processes.
- Serving as a customer-focused point of contact for telephone enquiries, providing advice and guidance on firearms licensing.
- Producing the cash log on a daily basis, ensuring reconciliation between records and cheques received.
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing high volumes of mail.
- Conducting checks on applicants using Alliance intelligence systems.
- Ensuring all applications are appropriately and accurately indexed.
- Scanning application documents for retention on a suitable database, ensuring proper archiving of material.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvements to processes and highlighting them to Supervisors.
- Representing the team on occasions as the team's representative.
Role-Specific Training and CPD to be undertaken:
- Various Alliance and national IT systems
- Firearms License Legislation
- Home Office guidance
- Alliance Policy and Procedures
- Code of Ethics
- NDM training
Essential Capabilities & Experience:
Essential Experience, Specialist Skills, and Knowledge:
- Experience using IT systems, including Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable customer care skills
- Ability to organise work effectively to meet deadlines and targets
- Proven administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you are a detail-oriented professional with a keen understanding of firearms licensing processes, excellent administrative skills, and a commitment to maintaining legal standards, we invite you to apply for this vital role. Your contributions will play a crucial part in supporting the firearms licensing team and ensuring the integrity of our processes.
Contact: Lewis Ashcroft 01772 208962
Join us in contributing to public safety and the adherence to legal standards in firearms licensing. Apply now!