Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Assessment, Verification & Accreditation Coordinator for a police force in Greater Manchester. If you'd be interesting in applying please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
APPLICANTS MUST HOLD IQA ASSESSOR QUALIFICATION OR RELEVANT DEGREE.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verification of the Level 3 Diploma in Policing, Level 4 First Line Police Management and Level 5 Police Management qualifications.
- Offer resilience and support, regarding assessment in the workplace, across the force.
- Coordinate the work of Borough Assessment, Verification and Accreditation Officers and provide performance feedback.
- Assess/Verify candidates working towards achievement of assessor/verifier status (TAQA) to enable them to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Assess evidence of candidate competence against relevant standards and complete associated assessment plans and reports.
- Maintain accurate and verifiable records of assessment and achievement records as required by the awarding body.
- Ensure the day-to-day administration of the assessment process is both effectively and efficiently maintained including records and computer applications.
- Communicate with and support other staff (Lead Verifier, Inspector, boroughs and branches) involved in the assessment/verification and accreditation process to ensure College of Policing and Awarding Body Standards are met.
- Deliver adequate support to colleagues to ensure successful implementation, continuity and resilience of service of assessed/verified and accredited programmes across boroughs/branches.
- Report serious concerns and poor candidate progress to the Lead Verifier.
- Ensure continuous professional development and occupational competence/knowledge as an assessor/ verifier is maintained.
- Adhere to all policies in relation to Assessment, Verification and Accreditation.
- Adhere to Assessment and Verification strategies, processes and procedures.
- Attend regular standardisation and team meetings.
- Ensure that candidates are supported throughout the learning process; ensuring adequate induction and on-going coaching/mentoring is provided as required.
- Act as an Internal Verifier of assessments; providing feedback, guidance and best practice suggestions.
- Contribute towards an effective internal verification system.
- Deliver presentations, Inductions and Best Practice workshops as appropriate.
- Highlight issues. relating to assessor/verifier to candidate ratios, to Lead Verifier.
- Support and develop assessors and verifiers, offering advice and guidance on assessment processes and ensuring trainee assessors reports are countersigned where appropriate.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to assessors.
- Act as an Independent Assessor if required to do so.
To promote and comply with GMP's policies on health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Comply with and promote equality legislation and GMP's policies on diversity and equality. Take steps to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations.
- To comply with the requirements of GMP's policies on Drug and Alcohol testing - requirements in respect of specific posts/ roles are described in the policies which are available on the Intranet/SharePoint.
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post.
- To fully participate in GMP's development review process.
If you'd be interested in applying for the role please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.