Attendance Support Officer needed with London Borough of Hillingdon
Start Date- ASAP
Location - Uxbridge
Duration - Initially 3 months
Hours per week - 36 hours per week
Salary - £16.29 per hour
- Attendance Support Officers will enable pupils to receive maximum benefit from the education provision made available to them by assisting their regular attendance at school.
- Education welfare officers will work in partnership with families to identify and address needs and reduce the risk of poor outcomes for children, young people and their families with particular regard to outcomes associated with non-participation in education.
- As an attendance support officer, you will be helping allocated schools develop effective policies and procedures on attendance through termly conversations with school attendance leads, using data to identify pupils and cohorts at risk of poor attendance.
- Education welfare officers are required to provide families with advice and guidance on the implications of non-school attendance and contributing to the process of applying due process, including legal proceedings in the event that statutory participation levels are not maintained.
What is required?
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English
- A recognised qualification in a related profession e.g. Education, Youth Work, Child and family development
- Previous experience of working as an education welfare officer, school attendance officer or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car is desirable.
If you are interested please call Erin Webbe on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.