Contract: Temporary (3 months initial)
Rate: £28-30 per hour (35hr week)
Start Date: ASAP
Sector: Local Government
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in London for a Banking Supervisor on a temporary basis. The postholder will work under the Finance Manager (Financial Control) and will be responsible for the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Officer posts in the team.
- To deliver a monthly bank reconciliation within the accounting period and be responsible for ensuring that income received by the council is correctly recorded in the accounts and in the council's subsidiary debtor records.
- To be responsible for all reconciliations as advised by the Finance Manager and deliver a cohesive finance function in partnership with other finance teams.
- Be responsible for the teams' matching of daily transactions (monetary £250-300m per month) from the council's Bank Accounts ensuring Business World, General Ledger, and the Cash Receipting System are monitored daily for the income/expenditure and posting is kept within a reasonable timescale.
- Minimum AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working within a banking function and high level reconciliations management
- Experience of monitoring income/expenditure and investigation of unreconciled balances
- Local Government Finance experience is highly desirable
- Great communication skills and management skills with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.