Out client within the Public Sector based in East London London is currently recruiting for a Building Safety Manager to join their Housing Residence Service team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority
Key purpose of the role is to be accountable for building safety and resident engagement, ensuring building are compliant with the emerging building and fire safety regulations.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To ensure that Buildings are compliant with the emerging Building and Fire Safety Regulations, Government Consolidated advise, Health and Safety Regulations and CDM
- Lead on the delivery of the Building Safety requirements of a safer future including safety cases, resident engagement and providing assurances at all levels that our buildings are compliant to all legislative requirements.
- Intervention with contractors if not complying with safe practices on site. Paying particular attention to the requirements of the building fire strategy, fire safety management and upholding the integrity of fire compartmentation
To be considered for this role you will require NEBOSH Diploma (or Equivalent), Chartered Member of IOSH & Record of CPD whilst holding a nationally recognised fire qualification as a minimum Fire Safety Management Level 4 Diploma.
The below skills and experience would be beneficial for the role:
- Suitable knowledge and understanding of relevant principles and technical standards for building safety and public health matters, with the ability to co-ordinate and integrate this knowledge and information holistically
- Be experienced in managing Building/fire safety in residential buildings with a focus on Social Housing and a detailed working knowledge of LACORS, National Fire Safety Guidance on Purpose Built Block of Flats and National Fire Safety Guidance on Specialised Housing as well as the proposed requirements of the Building a Safer Future statutory requirements
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £400 Per Day Umbrella Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to Vincent.email@example.com or call Vinny at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.