Our client within the Public Sector based in Warwickshire are currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join their Fire Safety Team.
This is a full time, temporary position set to start as soon as possible, the ideal candidate would have experience working within a Housing Sector or similar and must be qualified to HNC/HND standard.
The purpose of the role to undertake a full range of Project Management & Building Surveying duties and responsibilities, as required in order to maintain and improve the Council's property portfolio and housing stock in relation to fire safety improvement works and works to meet the climate change agenda, ensuring that the Council's responsibilities and duties as landlord and service provider are upheld in line with current and pending legislation.
- HNC, HND, Degree relevant to the built environment or a proven track record and 3 years' experience of working for a local authority, housing provider or other appropriate provider in a relevant field
- Experience of liaising directly with clients, customers and contractors
- Experience of managing contractor performance
- A driving licence, or access to appropriate transport
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to the construction industry.
- Knowledge of typical contractual mechanisms and industry legislation e.g. the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act
- Basic knowledge of housing repairs legislation and standards e.g. the decent homes standard/HHSRS
Our client is looking to move quickly and are offering £26 per hour Umbrella LTD to join their team, if interested or require more information please feel free to get in touch on 01772208967 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org