JOB TITLE: Care Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: Shift Work
WORK PATTERN: 7.00am - 22.00pm (Rota Basis)
To provide personal care to clients living in extra-care accommodation and/or in the wider community in accordance with individual care plans and the client philosophy of care.
- In accordance with individual care plans, provide clients with physical support which may include household and domestic tasks, shopping, food preparation, personal hygiene, and self-care.
- Provide emotional support in a sensitive and empathetic manner, offering guidance in accordance with procedures and the boundaries of the job role.
- Report to the line manager concerns regarding safeguarding issues or significant changes in the health and social circumstances of a client, contributing to specific care needs as directed.
- To always understand and comply with the Group's health and safety policies and procedures including (but not limited to): Personal Safety, Emergency Procedures, Manual Handling and use of aids and equipment.
- Previous employment or personal experience of providing care and/ or support to others.
- Understanding the needs of older people in maintaining their independence.
- Ability to keep accurate records, following administrative procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Awareness of professional boundaries and how to manage these.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Shift (7.00am - 22.00pm)