Service Care Construction are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local council based in Shaftesbury who require a Caretaker to join their team on a temporary basis.
This is a full time role working 8:00am-5pm Mon-Fri. The role involves:
- Undertake routine grounds maintenance work as detailed on work schedules and as directed.
- To ensure that all necessary paperwork is accurate and presented on time.
- To undertake routine maintenance to manually operated equipment as shown and directed.
- To drive vehicles and equipment as required for ground maintenance operations.
- To inform the Estate Manager/Chief Operating Officer of mechanical defects or breakdowns to team vehicles and equipment.
- To ensure the area allocated to the team is kept clean, tidy, and secure at all times.
- To attend training courses to improve skills as requested.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the school's safeguarding and child protection policy.
- To assist the Estate Manager in making any arrangements to cover periods of absence of other keyholders
- To be responsible for locking and unlocking school premises outside of normal school hours and for setting security alarm systems, as required.
- Responding to security alarm or other call outs in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To assist the Estate Manager to arrange regular checks on alarm systems and fire extinguishers and report on any problems arising
- To identify and report building, furnishing or fittings deficiencies to the Estate Manager/Chief operating Officer and to undertake any remedial action that may be authorised and appropriate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to Ross.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ross on 01772 208967.