Position: Case Officer - Response Investigation Team
Rank: Civilian case builder
Location/Work Base: Lincoln Police Station, LN5 8EL
Are you ready to play a crucial role in supporting the pursuit of justice and upholding the law? Lincolnshire Police is seeking a dedicated and skilled Case Officer for our Response Investigation Team. As a Case Officer, you will work collaboratively with investigating officers to gather evidence, prepare prosecution files, and ensure that crimes related to PIP1 investigations, such as domestic abuse, are thoroughly and effectively handled.
- Prepare and submit initial court files to the Crown Prosecution Service, ensuring compliance with the Manual of Guidance.
- Request, view, and obtain materials from 3rd party organisations within Lincolnshire and across other counties.
- Assist officers in monitoring video recorded interviews to collect evidence from crime victims.
- Liaise with other police departments, forces, and external agencies to gather evidence.
- Work closely with investigating officers to obtain evidence as part of post-charge action plans directed by CPS.
- Support officers in the Response Investigation Teams in gathering evidence and preparing case files for court.
- Ensure a victim-focused approach to investigations, in compliance with the Victims Code of Practice (VCOP) and the Victim's Charter.
- Monitor evidence and exhibit continuity in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and force procedures.
- Take supporting statements and prepare relevant documents for crime investigations within the Response Investigation Team's scope.
- Attend court to provide assistance to the officer or prosecutor, conduct court-ordered inquiries, and offer any necessary support.
- Contribute to improving performance by promoting and valuing diversity in alignment with the Force Diversity Strategy.
If you would be interested in applying or would like any more information please contact Lewis on 01772 208962 or email Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk