Job Title: Case Owner - Devon and Cornwall Police
Salary Range: £11.32 - £14 per hour
Location: Camborne (Hybrid Working)
Principal Responsibility: As a Case Owner at Devon and Cornwall Police, your primary role is to support the effective functioning of the Criminal Justice system by ensuring the completeness and accuracy of prosecution files. This includes inputting and maintaining police data systems, both paper and electronic, and collaborating with various agencies to ensure timely delivery of crime files to the Crown Prosecution Service and other stakeholders to the required standards and within specified timeframes. Your responsibilities include:
- Conducting administrative checks on case files received from the Officer in Charge to ensure compliance with Force policies and CPS requirements.
- Gathering information from diverse sources, including partner and external agencies, to ensure comprehensive case files.
- Maintaining high-quality prosecution files by accurately inputting, updating, and monitoring data in the police database, adhering to Force policies and legal requirements, and ensuring this information is correctly shared with partner agencies.
- Prioritising and managing workloads to meet timelines, allowing ample time for other agencies such as CPS to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Effectively communicating tasks and information with OIC, police personnel, CPS, and other agencies via telephone or electronic means, providing guidance as needed.
- Supporting colleagues, particularly new staff, by offering instruction, guidance, and advice when necessary.
Essential Experience and Specialist Skills:
- Basic understanding of the criminal justice system and the relationships between CPS, court systems, victim/witness care units, and defense solicitors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and utilize complex, bespoke databases.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly, concisely, and unambiguously to facilitate well-structured file and data entry.
- Effective verbal communication skills with diverse partner agencies, police officers, and staff, each with specific needs.
- Ability to robustly challenge entrenched positions held by others.
- Emotional resilience to handle sensitive information on crime files.
If you are a proactive and organised individual with a commitment to the criminal justice system's effectiveness, we invite you to apply for the Case Owner position at Devon and Cornwall Police. Join our team and contribute to the delivery of justice in the community.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Lewis at Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk