Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a "Case Worker- Road Safety Unit" to for a police force in Warwickshire. Please see below for more information.
Contract: 3 months
To process camera offence files from the issuing of the original Notice of Intended Prosecution through to
disposal. To provide an efficient case file preparation service in support of case management by providing
continuity of support for offenders throughout the prosecution process.
Use of digital file processes continually linking in with national and legislative requirements.
- Preparation of prosecution files in relation to traffic offences, ensuring these are prepared within the set timescales.
- Respond to a whole range of requests for information received in writing and over the telephone from Solicitors, third party suppliers, Councils, Courts, Offenders, Enforcement Officers to name a few.
- To update the national Pentip system following receipt of correspondence and or phone calls thus ensuring at all times the accuracy of the data for should the fie progress to Court.
- Add Offender and Witness information to the national Case Management system ensuring timely and accurate digital data transfer to other criminal Justice agencies for continuation of successful prosecution at trail.
- Research and collate offender details ensuring that both Force systems and National IT systems are updated accurately to ensure all offender histories are complete.
- To advise and support Enforcement Officers, Decision Makers and Case File Builders engaged in case preparation.Caseworker - Warwickshire Road Safety Unit March 2020
- Make best use of technology in order to support performance and interrogate Force Systems such as Police National Computer, CRIMES/GENIE, Pentip, CRASH, and Case/Custody to ensure all completed files are MoPI compliant and files in line with the Force Retention and Management Information Policy.
- In promotion of Restorative Justice national guidance to manage all out of court disposals.
- In commencement of initial court hearing of a custody initiated offence. To set court dates, ensuring all agencies are aware of the first court appearance being set within national and locally agreed timescales.
- In commencement of initial court hearing initiated via a Postal Requisition process. To set a court hearing date and create the relevant charge informing the court and sending the postal requisition to the defendant at the same time. Prepare prompt replies in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- Supply information to Solicitors ensuring the correct information is obtained and supplied in the appropriate format, in accordance with the organisational protocols and legal requirements maintaining security and within required deadlines.
- Input, retrieve and present camera related offences on the National Pentip system.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required