Service Care Legal are currently working alongside a bustling local authority, based in Derbyshire, which is in need of an experienced Childcare Lawyer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience of working as a Lawyer dealing with matters related to child protection and adoption, and advocacy experience in the courts.
ROLE: Childcare Lawyer
RATE: £50-£55ph umbrella
LOCATION: Derbyshire - hybrid/remote working
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 month rolling
- Representing the Council in the Family Proceedings Court, County and High Court as necessary on legal matters and providing legal advice to the Client department.
- Acting as an advocate in the Family Court representing the Council.
- Maintaining a thorough appreciation of relevant rules, regulations and legislation.
- MUST be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive Advocate.
- Experience of working as a Lawyer dealing with matters related to child protection and adoption.
- The ability to give clear and accurate legal advice orally and in writing and the ability to undertake advocacy.
- Knowledge of current and proposed legislation and case law relating to childcare law, adoption and local authority duty and functions in relation to children generally.
- Weekly pay
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
If this Childcare Lawyer role sounds like an opportunity of interest for you or someone you know, then please feel free to reach out to Hugh Barnes on 01772208969 , or email Hugh.Barnes@servicecare.org.uk.
We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.