Blackburn with Darwen Children's Services are seeking an agency social worker to join the Children in Our Care Team. The role is full time 37 hours per week with hybrid working - 3 days office-based. You may be expected to cover in the office on other days as required so flexibility is expected.
What is required?
- To undertake child and family assessments, ensuring that the child and the child's voice is central to the assessment, with appropriate consideration and analysis of risk.
- Produce an outcome focused SMART plan, following assessment that will meet the needs of the child, safeguard the child and promote permanence.
- To provide support, guidance, advice and services to families.
- To work as part of a multi-agency team to deliver the appropriate plan to children on your caseload.
- To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children Act 1989 criteria and taking account of other relevant legislation as appropriate.
- To ensure that the views of children and young people are represented at each stage throughout the process.
- Abide by the objectives and targets of both the Section and the Department, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
- You will be a car driver.
- You will have free car parking close by and be based in a central town location in Blackburn. There is approx. a 10-mile area radius and main road networks are close by.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.