Service Care Legal are currently working alongside a Local Authority, based in the South West of England, which is in need of a Lawyer to join their Commercial Contracts and Procurement team. This role will have a key focus on Construction law.
ROLE: Lawyer - Commercial Contracts (Construction Specialist)
RATE: £40-£55ph umbrella
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months ongoing
LOCATION: South West of England - can be done REMOTELY
The responsibilities of the Commercial Contracts Lawyer role:
- Handle your own Commercial Contracts caseload from start to completion. Also advise on Procurement matters
- The role will have a particular focus on non-contentious Construction contract matters, both JCT and NEC (drafting and negotiating NEC3, NEC4 and JCT contracts)
- Projects vary from extension and remodelling at local authority buildings and schools to heating upgrades to housing stock maintenance to entire new builds with associated new infrastructure
- A qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with 3+ years of PQE in Commercial Contracts and Procurement law. Construction law experience is essential.
- Ideally someone who has worked directly for a Local Authority previously within a Commercial Contracts team
- Someone with strong non-contentious construction contract experience
Benefits to the Commercial Contracts Lawyer role:
- Flexible hours
- Weekly pay
- Remote working
If this Commercial Contracts Lawyer role sounds like an opportunity that is right for you or someone you know, then don't hesitate to get in touch with Hugh Barnes via email, Hugh.Barnes@servicecare.org.uk, or via phone at 01772208969 .
We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.