Service Care Legal are recruiting alongside a local authority in the South East of England who are seeking a Committee Support Officer to join their legal department on a temporary basis. Please find below further details regarding this position and the requirements for the role.
ROLE: Committee Support Officer
RATE: £18.21 to £19.99 per hour
CONTRACT: 37 hours per week, 3 to 6 months assignment
Please note that thisd role is a hyrbid working position.
- To provide specialist support to the management of meetings and democratic governance
- Reviewing draft reports, production of agendas, attendance at meetings, production of accurate minutes
- Forward planning, in consultation with appropriate officers and members, of the business of the bodies allocated to you.
- Lead on individual committees as allocated by the Head of Governance, acting as the lead for the Committee on matters such as agenda preparation, minute production and public attendance
- Arranging the meetings adequately prepare the venue for the meetings
- Substantial experience of committee administration ideally in a local authority
- Demonstration of a proven commitment to customer services and the ability to suggest and advocate service improvements
- Familiarity with IT systems (Microsoft Office, email, databases such as modern.gov)
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please feel free to reach out to Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969 , or email Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.