Community Payback Supervisor
Service care solutions is a market leading recruitment company, specialising in the probation sector recruiting for numerous roles across the country with a wide range of opportunities.
We are looking to recruit for numerous probation orientated jobs to reduce the re-offending rate and ensure rehabilitation.
All of our roles are temporary contracts, below is a brief summary of the roles that we offer.
HOURS: Full time 37 hours per week
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 12 months
PAY RATE: £15 - £18 (Depending on experience)
Full Job Description
Overview of the job
This is an operational role directly supervising work groups of offenders serving a community sentence. This may include driving service vehicles to transport people or equipment. The post holder will be responsible for all work site supervision tasks and will work with service users to ensure that all tasks are carried out to the best of their ability. This will include working alongside people to demonstrate good practice as necessary.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Conduct Pre-Placement Unpaid Work Induction sessions.
- Conduct a start of the day 'tool box' talk to ensure all service users understand the task at hand and safe working practice and motivate and support service users to complete their Order.
- Follow work directions within the project placement file.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed, alerting the relevant staff to any risk, ensuring that any associated paperwork is completed accurately and on time as required, including contributing to the review of placement risk assessments.
- Ensure that appropriate tools, equipment and supplies are available in accordance with local procedure and that instructions for safe use are followed by service users.
- Conduct a dynamic risk assessment to ensure all hazards are noted and managed.
- Use pro-social and other motivational techniques to ensure that service users complete the work assigned in a disciplined and well-behaved manner.
- Monitor the attendance of service users allocated to agency placements and promote successful completions.
- Maintain all service users' records in accordance with organisational requirements ensuring that all information is updated onto the case management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work towards accreditation as a workplace assessor or deliver training assessments for selected service users within the supervised work group to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
- Contribute towards promoting Community Payback with colleagues, external agencies, Sentences and the public.