We are looking for a Crisis Recovery Worker to work night shifts for a Mental Health Safe Haven in York, North Yorkshire.
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred*
Temporary pay rate: £12ph ltd
Hours and length of contract:
- TEMPORARY (3 months) TO PERMANENT
- 5 HOURS PER WEEK
- Shift times are:
- Monday to Friday: 18:00 - 22:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 - 22:00
- The manager is looking for the positions to be filled ASAP
You will be working within a walk-in crisis service that provides an out of hours space for adults feeling distressed and experiencing a mental health crisis or approaching crisis. Referrals have come from GPs, Community Mental Health Teams, Crisis Teams, A&E Mental Health Liaison Teams, Police and Ambulance Services and Street Triage.
The service is a welcoming, safe and homely space where people can come to relax, feel safe, and receive support. You will be a listening ear for service users face-to-face and also via video call.
- Providing emotional support and listening service users who may visit the Service
- Providing a person centred and recovery orientated approach in all aspects of the roles and responsibilities.
- Developing, alongside clients, flexible and realistic crisis support packages/ person centred plans within agreed guidelines
- Recording and updating case notes and record keeping
- Proactively recognising the indicators of deteriorating mental health and facilitate appropriate action, whilst liaising with relevant agencies e.g. CATT, Emergency Duty Teams, CMHTS, etc.
- Engaging with clients to show empathy, inspire hope and promote recovery
- Ensuring all risk assessments, crisis support plans and exit plans are completed as appropriate.
- Provide education and raise awareness to help clients manage factors that affect their mental wellbeing.
The applicant must be DBS cleared for the position advertised and have previous experience in the field.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma at SCS on 01772 208963 or send across your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org