Service Care Solutions are currently working alongside Hammersmith and Fulham Council who are currently looking for a customer service manager to oversee library operations on a temporary basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate customer service professional.
ROLE: Customer Services Manager
LOCATION: Hammersmith and Fulham
PAY RATE: £180 per day ltd rate.
An initial 12 week contract with a chance of extension.
- To be responsible for the provision an efficient and high-quality library service in line with customer needs.
- To provide a quality lending and information services through being responsible for the day-to-day management of the library.
- To contribute to the annual library business planning process and be responsible for delivering local performance targets of the library.
Description of Duties:
- The lead by example and assist in the delivery of high-quality library services
- To manage library staff, including Senior Customer Service Assistants and Customer Service Assistants
- To liaise with the Area Manager and prepare an annual site plan based on the Tri-borough Service Development Plan
- To manage delegated budgets, in conjunction with the Area Manager and monitor the library's expenditure (on utilities, equipment and similar) and income and to improve performance and resource monitoring, and ensure that when appropriate that exceptions are reported up to Area Manager and remedial actions agreed and implemented.
- To ensure that the fabric of the library building is kept to a high level and the comfort and safety of users and staff is maintained.
- To identify, with the Area Manager, any significant operational issues, including personnel, property or finance matters, and to agree actions to ensure they are resolved effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader and have experience of at least 4 years supervising, managing and training staff. They will have good communication skills and organisational skills to plan and manage the library operations. They must have knowledge of library procedures and resources.