We are thrilled to announce a compelling opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Data Architect to join Lincolnshire Police. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing our overall data architecture, contributing significantly to our intelligence, research, and decision-making processes.
Location: Lincoln Police HQ
Pay: £27.72 per hour
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data architecture for the Force.
- Accountable for the design and build of the Force's data architecture.
- Manage, store, and provide data for information, intelligence, and insights.
- Lead the selection and adoption of appropriate data tools and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership to the data engineering and BI development team.
- Work in partnership with the Solutions Manager and Enterprise Architect.
- Lead projects related to building or changing the Force's data architecture.
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rota for critical IT incidents.
Data Architecture Design: 9. Engage in national and regional data strategy.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive data architecture strategy aligned with Force aims.
- Design data models, data flows, integration, and storage.
- Design and build the target data architecture for the organisation.
Data Solutions: 13. Partner with and guide chief officers and heads of department to build data solutions.
- Lead the design and build of scalable and efficient data pipelines and platforms.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the Force's Cloud Strategy.
- Work closely with analysts to translate requirements into effective data models.
- Provide expert input into the adoption of analytical techniques for business decision-making.
Data Governance: 18. Define the Force's data classification and standards.
- Jointly responsible for the integrity, security, and compliance of data assets.
- Establish data access control mechanisms to maintain legal and regulatory compliance.
Data Literacy and Quality: 21. Foster a data-driven culture by promoting data literacy and data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with analysts to ensure the availability and accessibility of quality data.
- Identify and resolve data-related issues and drive improvements to processes.
Data Sources and Integration: 24. Investigate available data sources internally and externally.
- Implement strategies to integrate data from multiple sources.
- Map data from source to target and undertake significant data migration programs.
Performance Optimisation: 27. Continuously monitor and optimise data architectures for performance, scalability, and reliability.
Commercial: 28. Provide leadership to data suppliers and partners, managing commercial relationships.
Emerging Technologies: 29. Actively participate in professional networks, seeking out emerging trends and innovations.
if you would be interested in applying please contact Lewis on 01772 208962 or email Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk.