Join Lincolnshire Police as a Data Engineer, playing a pivotal role in designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure. As the sole accountable data engineer for the Force, you will contribute to ensuring the highest quality, availability, usability, and shareability of data through rigorous standard setting and quality control.
Job Purpose and Scope:
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities include designing and maintaining our data infrastructure, ensuring efficient processing, storage, and analysis of large datasets. You will collaborate with internal and external teams, particularly performance, information, and data analysts, to build products and services that deliver insight and value to make Lincolnshire a safer place.
- Design and implement scalable, efficient, and robust data pipelines for ETL processes.
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Build and link data sets to facilitate insights for data scientists and analysts.
- Write ETL scripts and code to optimize the ETL process and extract valuable insights.
- Build and optimize pipelines and APIs connecting operational systems for timely data delivery.
- Identify and automate manual data flows and reports for scaling and repeatable use.
- Develop and maintain data models, schemas, and structures for optimal storage and retrieval.
- Optimize code within systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Work closely with data stakeholders to understand and support their data needs.
- Collaborate with information analysts and BI developers to build optimal visualizations and reports.
- Extract, clean, combine, and store data as an asset for service delivery and decision-making.
- Undertake data engineering activities within live systems to improve data quality.
- Support IMU colleagues in implementing data quality checks, validation, and cleansing processes.
- Adhere to data governance policies, ensuring compliance with data privacy and security regulations.
- Anonymize data in accordance with GDPR principles and data protection agreements.
- Document data engineering processes and technical specifications for knowledge sharing.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends in data engineering, recommending new tools and best practices.
- Contribute to data strategy and write standards and practices for data engineering.
- Engage with and manage commercial relationships with data engineering partners.
- Ideally 2/3 days in the office (to be discussed at the interview).
If you are a skilled Data Engineer seeking a challenging role that makes a difference, apply now to contribute to creating a safer Lincolnshire.
To apply or learn more, please send your CV to Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk.