Are you passionate about enhancing road safety through meticulous data management? Vision Zero South West is seeking a proactive and detail-oriented individual to join Devon and Cornwall Police as a Data Quality Reviewer. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of collision data utilised by force and partner agencies.
- Conduct real-time assessments of road traffic collision reports to evaluate data quality and completeness.
- Research and gather relevant collision data from both paper and digital records, recording key information in the CRASH database.
- Conduct timely telephone inquiries with the public involved in road traffic incidents to determine the extent of injuries, referring cases as needed.
- Maintain and update CRASH records to align with set criteria and data sets, supporting partner agency data analysis and national reporting requirements.
- Respond to taskings and joint agency activities directed by the Force and VZSW line management, including data reconciliation and reporting.
- Build and nurture effective working relationships with investigating officers, Evidence Review Officers, Coroner's Officers, Highways England, Department for Transport, Local Authority, and Vision Zero South West colleagues.
- Attend and contribute to local and national meetings, sharing insights for service and system improvements.
- Manage workflow, including inquiries and reports to key partners within reporting periods.
Essential Capabilities & Experience:
- Proactive and enquiring approach to role-related activities.
- Experience with database use and management, including data input, research, extraction, reporting, and presentation (Microsoft Office proficiency).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to engage with individuals empathetically and present information clearly.
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact on road safety and possess the required skills and values, we encourage you to apply. To express your interest or for further information, please contact Lewis Ashcroft at firstname.lastname@example.org.