Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Database Administrator to work for a Police force in Hindlip, West Mercia on a permanent basis. Please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Title: Database Administrator
To effectively manage the Force's database estate, ensuring that West Mercia's RDBMS capabilities are fit for purpose and are effectively maintained. To contribute as part of a Digital team working to improve both the robustness and access of West Mercia's data and digital systems.
1. Develop and maintain data storage capabilities, managing access and performance of the database across the technology stack.
2. Controlling and monitoring user access to the databases, including implementing, maintaining and monitoring audit and other security related controls.
3. Working with our managed service partner to ensure fit for purpose service is delivered.
4. Monitor and optimise database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
5. Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
6. Liaise with the client's technical, business and support teams and ensure information sharing takes place.
7. Backing up and restoring data.
8. Capacity management for current and future demand.
9. To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- In depth knowledge of Oracle (including version oracle19c) and SQL
- Server database technologies, knowledge of cloud-based data storage would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and other data management capabilities in a Microsoft Azure environment.
- Keen understanding of Data literacy concepts; including the development of domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts.
- Knowledge of ETL techniques and processing.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures would be an advantage.
- An understanding of analytical processes, techniques and skills would be an advantage.
- Hands on experience of development and maintenance including upgrades and migrations of operational databases.
- Experience of supporting Oracle Multitenant on a Windows 2019 O/S and virtual platform.
- Experience of data warehousing solutions would be an advantage.
- Database Administrator - May 2022 3
- Previous experience of policing data, and the needs of its users would be advantageous including knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and other pertinent legislation to Intelligence (inc. RIPA and MoPI).
- Knowledge of VMWare
- Detailed understanding of the DBA Role bringing knowledge of the technologies and tools to be able to manage, monitor and maintain database systems.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce and present concise reports.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.