Service care Solutions are looking for an outstanding Dev Ops Engineer, who can make a positive impact, and wants to contribute to one of the most demanding and important Government services for the UK. Let's be clear about the impact of your work - helping the government to better support millions of citizens who need help across the UK by developing and operating a reliable and secure platform for Universal Credit. Candidates must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, analysts and architects.
We are looking for the kind of person who enjoys a challenge. You will be working with hundreds of microservices across hundreds of instances alongside tens of delivery teams. Day-to-day you will be using your experience and technical skills to support the programme to design, implement, operate and evolve new and existing services and infrastructure. You'll be using well established technologies within strict security constraints, that you're welcome to challenge.
For each item we would like experience with one or more of the named topics or technologies
- Linux Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 7/8, Use, operate, configure, patch and secure
- Security: TLS& PKI, Cloud Security, CIS Benchmarks, NCSC Cloud Security Principals
- Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints
- Cloud Provisioning: Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Cloud-init
- Cloud Experience: Deploying, Supporting, AWS (compute, networking, storage), GCP (compute, networking, storage)
- Virtualisation: EC2, VMWare
- Monitoring and Metrics: Graphite, Prometheus, Zabbix, Alert Manager, Pagerduty, Cloudwatch, Splunk
- Development Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
- Testing: Unit Testing, Infrastructure Testing
- Containerisation: Docker, Podman
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
- Version Control: Git
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: GitLab CI, Jenkins
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
- Clustering and load balancing: haproxy, traefik, nginx, service mesh (linkerd, istio, consul connect)
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.