A Local Authority based in North West London is currently recruiting for a Disrepair/Senior Disrepair Surveyor to join their Housing Team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold either a degree in building surveying and/or the equivalent experience in delivering the disrepair service.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the project management of and dealing with and resolving all disrepair claims and casework, litigation claims, liaising with Legal, claimants and contractors to resolve cases. Will provide advice to managers and staff within responsive repairs on disrepair protocol.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- The post holder must ensure that the council is compliant with the Human Habitation Act 2018, and keeps abreast with any changes of legislation to ensure compliance.
- The post holder is responsible for continuous improvement in the delivery and quality of repair work related to resolving disrepair cases and in ensuring that we take from these 'lessons learnt' to prevent future disrepair cases and escalation resulting in additional costs, court cases and compensation.
- The post holder is responsible for investigating any structural problems escalated from the repairs technical or operations teams, for arranging any structural testing and other specialist tests, making structures safe, compiling reports to send to management recommending costs with works estimates or property disposals. Arranging any remedial works or safety works as necessary.
- The post holder is responsible for carrying out all surveys that are required to properties that are under Right to Buy applications to ensure that only works for which the Council has a landlord repairing responsibility are carried out before sale completes and for dealing with any queries from purchasers, surveyors and valuers.
- The post holder must hold either a degree in building surveying and/or the equivalent experience in delivering the disrepair service.
- They need to demonstrate at least 2 to 3 years management experience
- Extensive experience in building surveying and/or repairs operational delivery or supervising contracts or disrepair case management.
- Extensive experience of housing responsive repairs including experience of working in a customer service organization providing a high quality service to members of the public consistently and sensitively, according to their needs and customer care standards.
- Extensive experience of construction and housing maintenance works and the ability to recognise repair problems and identify defects and relevant remedial works.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £225 - £300 p/day Umbrella Ltd (approx. £720 - £920 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on seniority. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!