A client within the Public Sector based in South Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Damp and Mould Surveyor to join their disrepair team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a housing environment.
Key purpose of the role is to work within the Repairs Maintenance and Building Safety department of the Directorate of Property Services.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work on Disrepair cases from initial letter of claim to financial settlement and see agreed works through to completion taking initiative on all investigations to determine potential risk and financial loss.
- Carry out Damp, Mould & Disrepair survey visits & post inspections ensuring performance targets are met in line with business objectives i.e., ensuring inspections are completed in timeframes in line with HHSRS assessments of Hazards.
- Be involved in the development, procurement, delivery, monitoring and review of all Damp, Mould & Disrepair works and projects including monitoring performance by measuring against contractual Key Performance Indicators
To be considered for this role you will require a Level 4 qualification such as HNC / NVQ or proven extensive experience with a willingness to achieve this in a reasonable timescale.
The below would be beneficial for this role
- A willingness to undertake further training as required, particularly in relation to HHSRS.
- Membership of a Construction Industry related Professional Body (CIOB / RICS as examples) or a willingness to achieve this in a reasonable timescale.
- Experience of working in a similar role within domestic and non-domestic stocks
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £24 - £25 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
This is an essential role