A Local Authority based in Central London is currently recruiting for a Highways Engineer to join their team.
This is a full time, permanent position and the ideal candidate will hold a recognised degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering, transport or project management or similar equivalent.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the overall Highway Authority response to planning enquiries and applications ensuring that suitable arrangements are put in place to mitigate any adverse effects and maximise street scene improvement.
To ensure that all highway projects are dealt with, from developers and others, and meet the council's highway design standards by managing their progress through design review process, ensuring a high quality of public realm.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- To manage Highway Authority response to planning enquiries and applications.
- To contribute to Highway Authority response to planning enquiries and applications of a major nature.
- To manage the council's design review process for all projects allocated and ensure their compliance with the Council's highway design standards.
- To work in accordance with Construction, Design and Management (CDM) 2015 regulations and to comply with Health and Safety at Work requirements with regard to contracts, contractors on site and contract specifications
- To undertake design of engineering works including identification of technical options, taking into account appropriate contract specifications, design manual and the latest developments in the fields of engineering
- To undertake site inspections, site data collection, assist in monitoring contractors and recording site activities for audit purposes.
- A recognised degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering, transport or project management or similar equivalent.
- The post holder should be a Corporate Member of an engineering institution or have a suitable equivalent level of qualification or experience.
- Evidence of CPD relating to CDM, Project Management, NRWSA, HAUC and H&S.
- Knowledge of current street scene and transport infrastructure issues in the UK and London and an understanding of how these will impact on the Council.
- A knowledge and understanding of project management techniques and methodologies necessary for the efficient and effective implementation of a variety of projects.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £38,148 - £45.381 dependant on experience and qualifications. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!