Service Care Solutions have an exciting opportunity for an Estate cleaner to join a local authority based out of the Haringey area of North London.
In this role of Estate Cleaner, you will be tasked with carrying out cleans across the borough completing both intensive and general cleansing of communal internal and external estate areas, including graffiti removal, using, when required, specialist equipment such as pressure washers, steam cleaners, extension poles, etc.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- To carry out caretaking and cleaning duties according to a weekly schedule and as instructed by the Estate Services Team Leader.
- Remove or obliterate graffiti including external surfaces. Priority being given to racist, sexist, hate graffiti, and reporting where graffiti cannot be removed.
- Responsible for keeping walls, doors, stairs, landings, corridors and walkaways clean and to a good standard.
- Responsible for inspecting the blocks, carrying out minor repairs, cleaning refuse chambers and bulk stores and immediately removing hazardous waste from internal and external areas, using safety barriers where required.
- Responsible for salting/gritting entrances and paths in icy weather.
- Provide additional cleaning to washrooms, common rooms, kitchen areas, offices and toilets in Supported Housing Schemes, as well as testing pull cord systems.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting non-attendance and poor performance of grounds maintenance, waste removal contractors, details of vandalism, Anti-Social Behaviour, misuse of facilities including parking, abandoned vehicles, communal repairs and tenancy breaches.
- To carry out intensive deep cleaning of internal and external communal areas using a range of specialist equipment including jet washers, steam cleaners, etc
- To clear refuse, rubbish, and waste from difficult to access communal areas, such as garage roofs and estate porches using specialist equipment.
- To remove human and animal waste and leave clean using appropriate personal protective clothing and cleaning equipment.
- To carry out the clearance and cleaning of blocked refuse chutes.
- To collect and transport belongings, goods, refuse and other items, from offices, stores, sheds, garages, voids, and residential properties for storage, use or disposal.
Working hours for this role are Monday to Thursday 8am till 4:15pm and Friday 8am till 4pm.
For more information on this role and to apply, please contact Prakash via email to email@example.com or call 01772208967.