Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: HQ North, Meadow House
Work Arrangement: Hybrid Location: Kidlington
Contact: Lewis at 01772 208962 or email Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk for more information
Service Care is seeking a dedicated Finance Assistant to work for TVP and play a key role in financial operations. If you have a passion for finance and an eye for detail, this position offers an excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
Are you looking for a Finance Assistant role that offers competitive pay and flexibility? Look no further! We are currently seeking a Finance Assistant to join Thames Valley Police team at HQ North, Meadow House in Kidlington.
Job Description: As a Finance Assistant, your primary responsibility will be to provide financial administrative support to ensure accurate, timely, and appropriate accounting records and management information. Your key accountability areas include:
- Maintaining accurate and timely accounting records in compliance with legislation, accounting standards, and force regulations.
- Updating financial systems by inputting accurate and timely data and handling routine administrative tasks.
- Analyzing, collating, extracting, reconciling, and manipulating financial data.
- Conducting initial investigations into financial processes and data, addressing any issues and concerns.
- Assisting with tasks related to the statutory year-end closeout according to the provided timetable.
- Providing financial administrative advice to other members of the Force, ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
- Assisting in the provision of costings and investigations for the MTFP.
- AAT level 2 or equivalent qualification.
- Good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 9-4/A*-C, including maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Good computer literacy, especially in MS Office applications, Excel, and databases.
- Proven ability to produce accurate and reliable data.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Recent experience in a financial or administration environment.
- Knowledge of MS Access (an advantage).
- Experience working in a large organization and knowledge of the public sector (an advantage).
- Good standard of education (a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 9-4/A*-C, including maths, or equivalent).
- Proven keyboard skills and the ability to operate computer systems.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and politely.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding administrative role, demonstrate flexibility and multitasking, and be an effective team player.
- Willingness to work flexibly and undertake all assignments professionally and in a timely manner.