Service Care Solutions are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work within the Merseyside Police on a 12-month contract.
To support the Senior Finance Business Partner in the provision of pro-active professionally qualified support and guidance to budget holders for the financial management of the NWROCU; with a clear focus upon ensuring the best use of departmental resources based upon sound and demonstrable financial reasoning.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with budget holders and senior managers, ensuring that needs of the budget holder are fully satisfied, and SLAs adhered to.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting upon the financial position of areas/departments to relevant stakeholders using appropriate means of communication and methods of financial analysis.
- Provision of professional challenge, support and advice to budget holders over a wide range of subjects, with a clear focus on obtaining best value, and best use of resources for the Force.
- Facilitating the balance of operational priorities against corporate financial requirements to achieve local performance requirements.
- Attendance at key meetings, as a finance expert, to provide support and advice on an ad hoc basis.
- Review and monitor expenditure on supplies and services and produce recommendations for improved efficiencies where appropriate.
- Developing professional working relationships with relevant NWROCU departments and external stakeholders to aid in fulfilling the financial management role for smaller NWROCU budgets.
- Fully qualified CCAB Accountant (role open to AAT at a less rate with lesser responsibilities).
- Experience of working within a large and complex financial environment.
- Ability to challenge devolved budget managers, and budget holders, present and disseminate financial information effectively to non-financial officers, and to present both verbal and written reports to Chief Officers and other stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, and the ability to pro-actively respond to financial issues as they arise.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.