Finance Operations Manager
Contract: Temporary (6 Months Initial)
Rate: £550-600 per day umbrella
Start Date: 2nd January 2024
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in Berkshire for a Finance Operations Manager on a temporary basis. The Finance Operations Manager will ensure the operation of the Exchequer Services department is provided effectively with management of up to 16 staff in the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable, Adult Social Care Finance and Cash Office function.
- Assist the Chief Financial Accountant in setting and implementing the strategic vision and direction of the service, including development and monitoring of a service delivery plan.
- Ensure that financial management systems and operational procedures comply with statutory, corporate guidance and best practice.
- Provide leadership to the staff in the Exchequer Team, including responsibility for supervision, work allocation and performance management with a view to ensuring a highly skilled and resilient workforce.
- Ensure service processes and procedures are sufficiently robust to prevent and detect benefit and associated fraud
- Interpret, analyse and present data to give advice on decisions relating to service delivery and procurement issues
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience of managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable services (Essential)
- Extensive experience within Exchequer related services within a Local Authority/Government environment (Essential)
- Knowledge and significant understanding of the operational and strategic objectives relating to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Income Management (Essential)
- Experience of undertaking service improvement projects inclusive of finance system improvements (Essential)
- Knowledge of operational and strategic objectives relating to Adult Social Care Finance (Desirable)
- Experience of managing and monitoring operational budgets (Desirable)
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.