Financial Reporting Manager
Contract: Temporary (4 Months initial)
Salary: £450-500 per day umbrella
Start Date: ASAP
Sector: Local Government
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in South London for a Financial Reporting Manager to join the team on a temporary basis. The postholder will manage and carry out the Fixed Assets and Leases Accounting processes for the authority as well as assist with the closing of accounts. The role will report into the Head of Financial Reporting & Control and will be responsible for up to 5 FTE.
- Updating and maintaining the Fixed Assets Register and actioning all fixed asset accounting entries and disclosures.
- Processing lease details to determine the upcoming accounting impact of the introduction of IFRS126 for leases accounting.
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting & Control to maintain the integrity of financial records and accounts.
- Provide day to day management and professional supervision to staff to ensure operational plans and activities are delivered effectively.
- Apply professional judgement to interpret and apply policies and procedures to meet specific local or service needs.
- CCAB/CIMA Qualified Accountant or Equivalent
- Experience of maintaining a Fixed Asset Register and Lease Accounting
- Experience within Local Authority Finance is highly desirable
- Experience of contributing to a closure of accounts and supporting senior members with professional advice
- Great communication skills with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email email@example.com
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.