Social Worker - Fostering
About the Company
Barnet Council is a leading provider of fostering services in the UK. They are committed to providing high-quality care and support to children and young people who are unable to live with their birth families. Barnet Council is now looking for a committed, resilient, and experienced Supervising Social Worker to join their team.
About the Role
As a social worker within the fostering team you will be responsible for supervising and supporting the company's foster carers. This is an exciting opportunity to be innovative and creative in working alongside other professionals within the company. The successful candidate will be part of the Children and Young People Participation strategy and events, working in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements.
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention.
- Be part of our Children and Young People Participation strategy and events.
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements.
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
- A degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- Registration with Social Work England.
- Experience in supervising and supporting foster carers.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Competitive salary of £37ltd per hour
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join a leading provider of fostering services in the UK, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.