Head of Treasury & Pensions
Contract: Temporary (6 Months Initial)
Rate: £735 per day umbrella
Start Date: ASAP
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting for a Head of Treasury & Pensions on behalf of a Local Authority in London on a temporary basis. The postholder will be responsible for a team of up to 25 staff including the treasury accounting team, pensions accounting team and the pensions administration team.
- Responsible for the council's treasury and Pensions Fund and overseeing Pensions Administration in line with the regulatory framework for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), financial best practice and control procedures, ensuring that the Authority fulfils all its corporate and statutory requirements
- To act as the key Pension Administration expert, have knowledge of all aspects of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Lead, manage and develop the Pensions and Treasury Team in order to provide an excellent service to the Council delivering a customer focused and cost-effective. Continually drive improvements meeting and, ensuring regular monitoring of team performance
- Manage the budgets under its control (pension fund, borrowing and lending) to deliver the best returns for the council to ensure a high level of funding of the Pension fund, minimising borrowing costs and maximising investment income.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent with a full professional membership of CIPFA or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A significant understanding of the workings of local government along with the financial, legal and political context of local government
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a Treasury & Pensions environment within a Local Authority
- Understanding of treasury management principles and the ability to apply them to local government cash flow, investment and borrowings with an understanding of the risks associated with treasury arrangements
- An expert in pensions policy and practice and administration with extensive technical and practical knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email email@example.com
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.