A client within the Public Sector based in Greater Manchester is currently recruiting for a Highways Technician to join their team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a design environment.
Key purpose of the role is to coordinate tasks or small complex projects using appropriate techniques ensuring that the agreed action and service delivery targets are met.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- undertake the preparation of drawings, sketching and design using computer aided techniques.
- undertake surveying, levelling and measuring tasks.
- provide a customer focussed, responsive service with regard to complaints and enquiries in accordance with corporate policy.
- assist in the preparation of contract documentation, estimates and tenders for Civil Engineering works and provide relevant information to enable budgets to be accurately recorded.
- ensure that safe working practices are observed in accordance with Departmental policies and the provision of the Health and Safety at Works legislation.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- experience in maintaining an awareness of developments in highway works/design standards.
- Experience in obtaining necessary consents for undertaking works.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £350 per day Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.