Homeless Support Worker
Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
1 year contract
About the Role: As a Homeless Support Worker based in Cardiff, you will be responsible for providing crucial support to individuals experiencing homelessness. Your role will involve working closely with clients to assess their needs, provide practical assistance, and empower them to access necessary resources and services. This position requires compassion, flexibility, and a commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable individuals.
- Provide direct support to individuals experiencing homelessness, including conducting needs assessments, developing personalized support plans, and delivering practical assistance to address immediate needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case records for each client, documenting progress, interventions, and outcomes in accordance with organizational protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with external agencies, including housing authorities, healthcare providers, and social services, to facilitate referrals and access to relevant support services for clients.
- Respond promptly and effectively to crisis situations, offering emotional support, de-escalation techniques, and practical assistance to ensure the safety and well-being of clients.
- Assist clients in accessing emergency accommodation, transitional housing, and permanent housing options, advocating on their behalf to secure suitable and sustainable housing solutions.
- Deliver workshops and one-on-one sessions to support clients in developing essential life skills, including budgeting, cooking, job search techniques, and tenancy management.
Homeless Support worker requirements
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Enhanced DBS Adults and children
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
This is a temporary, Homeless Support worker role,35 hours per week for an initial 1 year, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Homeless Support worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Homeless Support worker role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Homeless Support worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.