Homelessness Prevention Advisor
We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Homelessness Prevention Advisor to join a team based in Camden on a full-time temporary ongoing basis. The post holder will be responsible for providing advice, assistance, and support to members of the community seeking housing advice, and actively working to reduce homelessness in the community. This role requires in-depth knowledge of housing legislation and welfare benefits. This is a specialist role that works closely with homelessness, in compliance with the Council's obligations under the Housing Act 1996.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, within housing options, homelessness prevention, or social housing
- Knowledge of housing legislation, policies, and procedures, including the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Knowledge of relevant services and benefits to best support applicants experiencing housing problems and at risk of homelessness
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and accessible manner
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage workload efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Housing related qualification desirable
- Experience providing an effective service to members of the public
- Experience working alongside vulnerable customers
- Build relationships with those at risk within the community, support them and offer realistic housing options advice to prevent homelessness
- Develop, update review, and implement Personalised Housing Plans for customers
- Assess Housing Needs: Conduct thorough assessments of individuals and families to determine their housing needs and eligibility for different housing options.
- Liaise with external partners, including local authorities, housing associations, support agencies, to facilitate housing solutions and ensure effective service delivery
- Develop working relationships with colleagues, as well as key partners including statutory services, local landlords, and other housing organisations
- Maintain Records: Accurately record all interactions, assessments, and decisions in line with relevant policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality and data protection guidelines are strictly followed
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Beth at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org