Service Care Legal are recruiting on behalf of a London Borough Council who are seeking a Legal Assistant to join the Housing department of their legal team. The role has come about due to an increase in demand and to join them on a contract basis.
ROLE: Legal Assistant
CONTRACT: 3 months ongoing
RATE: £14.00 to £17.00 per hour, 36 hours per week
- To assist the Lawyer sin progressing full caseloads of matters related to housing law
- The role is to assist on residential possession actions, drafting and issuing possession proceedings and advocacy in the county court
- Applying for bailiff warrants and some disrepair matters
- An academic qualification or relevant working experience in a similar role would be a minimum requirement
- At least 6 months' worth of Paralegal / Legal Assistant work experience within a Housing team is essential
- Previous local authority experience would be highly desirable but not essential
- Strong time management skills and the ability to communicate well across levels
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please contact Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969 , or email Lloyd.email@example.com. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.