Housing Liaison Officer
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Purpose of the Job Role: The Housing Liaison Officer plays a crucial role in delivering a high-quality, consistent, and customer-focused service to tenants, ensuring effective tenancy management, new tenancies, and tenancy changes. This role involves engaging with residents, addressing their queries, managing incidents of low-level anti-social behavior, and contributing to the overall well-being of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the organization's response to emergencies, providing support to residents as needed.
- Respond to and manage incidents of low-level anti-social behaviour, harassment, nuisance, and neighbour disputes, in coordination with relevant agencies.
- Support the management and re-letting of void properties, including pre-termination visits, viewings, sign-ups, and welcome visits for new tenants.
- Provide general advice on housing options and support new tenants as necessary.
- Ensure robust tenancy sustainment by working with internal and external partners to achieve successful outcomes for residents.
- Understand tenancy law and social housing regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and external agencies to address resident needs effectively.
Health & Safety:
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience working with the general public in a service delivery setting.
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues.
- Experience in a housing organization or similar environment (desirable Housing Liaison Officer).
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to change.
- Previous experience in working with vulnerable adults.
- Enhanced DBS
This is a temporary, Housing Liaison Officer role,35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Housing Liaison Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Liaison Officer role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Liaison Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.