Housing Needs Officer
Temporary - 12 Months
Full Time - Hybrid
We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Housing Needs Officer to join our team in Slough on a full-time temporary ongoing basis. The Housing Needs Officer will be part of a team responsible for providing advice, assistance, and support to tenants and leaseholders to reduce homelessness within the community. This is a fixed term contract with an initial period of 12 months.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, preferably within housing advice, homelessness, or tenancy relations
- Knowledge of housing legislation, policies, and procedures, including the Homelessness Reduction Act, and Protection From Eviction Act, and immigration related legislation
- Understanding of Housing Benefit procedures, Welfare Benefit, and Debt Counselling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage workload efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with relevant software applications and databases.
- Deliver customer focussed housing needs services
- Liaise with external partners, including local authorities, housing associations, support agencies, to facilitate housing solutions and work to reduce homelessness
- Analysing complex information and relaying this information appropriately to the customer, including legal advice on housing, immigration and benefit legislation.
- Provide Housing Advice: Offer accurate and up-to-date advice on housing options to all, including the public, tenants, licensees, and landlords
- Support Homelessness Prevention: Develop and implement strategies to prevent homelessness, including mediation, negotiation with landlords, and exploring alternative accommodation options.
- Assist customers on making informed choices regarding their personal housing plans
- Cary out home visits where necessary, and assess accuracy of homelessness applications
- Maintain Records: Accurately record all interactions, assessments, and decisions in line with relevant policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality and data protection guidelines are strictly followed
- Attend Meetings: Participate in team meetings, case conferences, and relevant training sessions to stay updated on changes in housing legislation, policies, and procedures
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Beth at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com