Housing Options Officer (Prevention & Relief)
Hertford, East Hertfordshire
Temporary - Sickness Cover
Full Time (37 Hours Per Week)
We are seeking a proactive, communicative and customer focused Housing Options Officer (Prevention and Relief) to provide sickness cover for a local authority in Hertfordshire, starting mid-February. The role requires you to be a part of the authorities statutory prevention and relief service providing an efficient, high quality advice and assessment service for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness ensuring that customer's circumstances are investigated and their housing and support needs are assessed and met, in accordance with homelessness legislation and statutory guidance. The client stresses that being able to demonstrate the following competencies to a high level is more important than direct experience of the job content, so it is imperative you are able to show evidence of:
personal effectiveness, managing relationships, communication skills and customer focus skills.
- Provide housing office and assistance to customers in line with current legislation and the organisation's policy, providing a professional, sensitive and confidential service
- To take proactive steps to comply with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and be responsible for the decision making process under act.
- To meet the organisation's obligations under the prevent and relief duties of the act, in order to prevent homelessness by engaging in effective partnership working, negotiating and/or mediating, and providing accurate advice and assistance
- Act as a caseworker to customers who approach the organisation with a housing need and assist them where appropriate, to retain their existing accommodation or advise them of the full range of alternative housing options available
- If the customer is threatened with homelessness or becomes homeless, to complete a personalised housing plan in writing, giving details of the advice and options and regularly review individual plans
- Support eligible customers to apply for the Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Awareness of the Housing Act 1996 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and its implementation
- Housing experience/experience of Homelessness legislation and practice, and providing housing advice (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of areas related to homelessness prevention such as employment and relationship issues (training will be provided)
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Alex at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to Alex.Yates@servicecare.org.uk