Job Title: Housing Options Officer
Contract: Temp on going
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Ashford, who are looking for someone to coordinate rough sleeper and homelessness services for single people in the area, working closely with key partners and stakeholders to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, rough sleeping in Ashford.
- Assess the needs of individual rough sleepers and provide them with a variety of options of support services and accommodation, in liaison with other agencies and specialist workers.
- Undertake outreach worker for rough sleepers in Ashford as and when identified.
- Undertake a formal assessment of each applicant's vulnerability and identify any necessary support needs, liaising with health, social services, and voluntary agencies as necessary to ensure that applicants receive the appropriate support and to ensure that the appropriate information is obtained in relation to their application.
- Maintain accurate case records of contact attempted and made with rough sleepers.
- Advocate on behalf of rough sleepers, where appropriate, regarding their welfare rights, health needs and other issues affecting their health and wellbeing.
- Minimum 2 'A' Levels (or equivalent) or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English and Mathematics at Grade C or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of homelessness legislation and/or housing qualification
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with partner agencies, community and faith-based groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate very effectively at different levels and convey complex information in a straightforward way (including the production of clear, concise reports, correspondence and notes).
- Ability to deal with distressed and aggressive clients.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com