Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a HR Case Manager for a police force in Preston, please contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962 for more information or to apply.
To be the lead HR representative on cases as advised by Senior HR Case Manager, that are considered 'complex' and requiring specialist HR advice and/or intervention. Advising and coaching managers on a range of people policies and complex formal cases, balancing the requirements of the individual, the organisation and employment legislation
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE LEVEL 5 CIPD
- Work with the Senior HR Case Manager and Senior Employee Relations Manager to ensure effective and efficient management of attendance, performance, misconduct, grievance and other Employer Relations issues.
- Work closely with the Senior Employee Relations Manager and Senior HR Case Manager to provide HR Case Management on a proactive and interventional basis, giving advice, guidance, coaching and support in the application of the Constabulary's formal employment procedures, including the disciplinary, grievance, capability/performance, attendance management, probationary, ill health and incapacity procedures, and the procedure for dismissal on other grounds.
- Lead and manage direct reports to ensure that they provide effective services and manage sensitive & complex Employee Relations cases effectively
- Provide advice and support for line managers, intervening when necessary on complex Employee Relations cases, balancing business needs, welfare and wellbeing support alongside employment legislation.
- Provide advice and support to staff in complex Employee Relations cases and issues, including welfare, attendance, diversity and performance.
- Provide advice and support on sensitive and complex Employee Relations cases to Senior Managers including Bullying, Harassment, Discrimination and Discipline issues.
- Provide professional HR support for misconduct and grievance cases, and to act as advisor to Senior Managers and PSD when required.
- Provide advice and support to Investigating Officer for discipline and grievance investigations where appropriate and, if there are grounds for considering disciplinary action, gathering evidence, arranging and conducting investigation interviews and producing interview statements and related reports and presenting the investigation at any subsequent formal hearing.
- Support and advise Senior Managers on the scope of HR investigations, identify witnesses and the direction of the investigation, source appropriate evidence for the investigation, arrange meetings and collate all documentation in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Support Senior Managers by advising and taking a lead on Employee Relations related issues.
- Provide support and coaching to supervisors and managers in addressing and resolving issues prior to the application of formal procedures and where mediation is considered appropriate, provide support to resolving case work in accordance with the agreed procedures.