Service Care Solutions are looking for an Information Assurance Advisor to work within the Devon and Cornwall Police on long term full time basis.
- To provide business driven advice on the management of security and information risk consistent with Alliance, regional and national information assurance policy.
- To assist Police Officers and Police Staff across the Alliance in the routine application and interpretation of security or information assurance policies and practices.
- Provide the Alliance with advice and guidance on necessary physical security requirements required to protect Police Officers and Staff, infrastructure, assets, and information across the 3 Counties. Provide recommendations on cost effective improvements based on threat levels.
- Provides analysis and feedback, identifies trends in security breaches and recommending mitigating actions as required.
- Provide training and awareness on information assurance across the Alliance, ensuring a security culture that is embedded within the organisation.
- Undertake assigned routine or ad hoc audits to test compliance with information assurance policies or standards. Specifically, this will be focused on undertaking self-audits against the ISO27001 standard or other compliance requirements.
- As a result of audits, provide comprehensive reports identifying gaps in compliance, and recommend appropriate action plans to remedy any failings.
- Provide oversight and management of the Alliance's physical access control systems (FABS/PAC).
- Act as Crypto-Custodian for the Alliance, ensuring the efficient ordering, recording, and issuing of cryptographic material.
- Provide second line support for security/information assurance related systems and applications and physical security furniture.
- A good understanding of the principles of information assurance, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and how it can be applied across the different areas of an organisation.
- An understanding of risk management, and in particular risk assessments.
- Experience of providing specialist advice, knowledge, and opinion, ideally within the field of information assurance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex information to non-specialists.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis Ashcroft either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.