Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for an "Investigative Officer PIP2 (IO2) - PSD" for Lancashire Constabulary (Preston). For more information or to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime- investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- To provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence
- To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts, relating to allegations of misconduct or criminal acts by Constabulary employees or volunteers.
- To manage the processing of appeals, including but not limited to maintaining accurate records, liaison with complainants, formulation of response letters/reports and updating complainants.
- To have contact with members of the public in person, on the phone and through written correspondence. Obtain details of complaints and misconduct and where possible resolve these complaints.
- Compile detailed investigation reports and case files, conducting criminal or misconduct interviews and presenting evidence to criminal courts or misconduct meetings/hearings as required.
- To provide specialist advice, guidance and support to divisional staff in respect of allegations, complaints and investigations and deliver PSD training packages to internal and external customers as required.
- To mentor and support the professional development of Police Investigation Officers
- To conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- To provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- To interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- To interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
- To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- To complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
- To present evidence to CPS and at court
- To be flexible in providing cover within the normal place of work and across the county.
- To support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime.
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post.
- Qualified to PIP Level 1.
- PIP level 2 trained and accredited