Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a PIP 2 Accredited Criminal investigator to work for a Police force in Wales on a long term full time basis, please see below for more information.
Job Title: Criminal Investigation Support Officer
Location: Newport or Torfen
Pay: £20.74 per hour
As a Criminal Investigation Support Officer, you will play a crucial role in supporting the investigation of serious and complex criminal offenses. Your responsibilities will include assisting the senior investigating officer, gathering evidence, coordinating house-to-house and CCTV inquiries, managing exhibits, and ensuring compliance with the Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act 1996. You will also work closely with the Crown Prosecution Service and maintain databases for duties related to disclosure and exhibit management.
- Work collaboratively with the investigation team to gather, review, and present evidence specific to the department and the investigation's needs.
- Obtain evidence from victims and witnesses in accordance with relevant rules and legislation.
- Coordinate and conduct house-to-house and CCTV inquiries, maintaining accurate documentation and facilitating the capture and seizure of CCTV footage.
- Manage exhibits, including submission and transportation, and prepare exhibits for presentation in court.
- Attend court and provide verbal evidence as required, serving as a liaison between the Senior Investigating Officer and the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Utilize all force computer systems, including NICHE, and maintain databases for disclosure and exhibit management.
- Work in accordance with the CPIA Act and, if required, act as a Disclosure Officer in investigations, examining and disclosing material as appropriate.
- Review and present information received as part of inquiries, including CCTV, house-to-house, digital downloads, and third-party material.
- Complete research and assist with file preparation for investigations and submissions to the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Assist in interviewing suspects or witnesses in accordance with codes of practice and legislation (dependent on qualifications and accreditations).
Education and Experience:
- PIP Level 1 training or appropriate previous investigative experience is required, with PIP Level 2 preferred.
- Experience in crime investigation, law enforcement, or the criminal justice system is essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt language to different audiences.
- Good knowledge of criminal law related to crime investigation.
- Understanding of the principles of disclosure under the Criminal Procedures Investigation Act.
- Level 1 Welsh language skills are essential (training will be provided), and Level 2 and above are desirable.
If you are passionate about justice, possess the required qualifications and experience, and are ready to make a meaningful contribution, we encourage you to apply for the Criminal Investigation Support Officer position.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications to Lewis.Ashcroft@Servicecare.org.uk. We look forward to considering your application and the opportunity to work together in the pursuit of justice.