Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a large team of Investigative Support Officers to work across the Greater Manchester region as part of the local Police Force.
This is an Ex-Officer role, meaning that applicants must have served with a UK-based Police force in order to be considered.
The locations of posts are Forcewide CID's, Child Protection units and Specialist posts for example MIT.
- Completing research and telephone enquiries where appropriate and submitting updates to line manager and CID supervision as required.
- Ensure that statements are obtained from witnesses including police officers, professional and expert witnesses, ensuring that statements are accurate in detail and submitted for inclusion in relation to enquiries and file builds
- Assist in the completion of files and associated paperwork in respect of prosecutions
- Assist with PACE compliant suspect interviews and provide a balanced, accurate and reliable summary of digitally recorded interviews in accordance with the Manual of Guidance
- To prepare statements of evidence, attend court and give evidence when required
- To support witness management, ensuring witnesses are contacted and transported to and from court where required.
- To prepare paperwork in relation to obtaining search warrants from the courts.
- In conjunction with police officers, execute search warrants and undertake searches.
- The correct seizure of suspect material including the appropriate labelling, recording and safe handling of all exhibits.
- The post holder will have designated powers under the Police Reform Act 2002 e.g., power to apply for warrant, execute and search.
- To assist in the processing of detained persons including obtaining fingerprints, photograph, DNA etc. and other documentation
- To provide administrative and clerical support for the core functions of the main CID Office, answer telephone enquiries, obtain and accurately record information, completing and recording messages where appropriate and ensuring the message passed to the correct person.
- Complete proof reading of typed documentation in the main CID Office including officer's reports, witness statements, transcripts of interviews etc.
- PIP2 accredited
If you wish to apply, please call Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962