Service Care Solutions are hiring for a Police Investigation Officer for a police force in Cornwall for more information or to apply please contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962
MUST HAVE PIP2
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
Day to day
* To provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence
* To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
* To conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
* To provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
* To interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
* To interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
* To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
* To complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
* To present evidence to CPS.
* To be flexible in providing cover within the normal place of work and across the county.
* To support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime.
* To demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering a high standard of service with an emphasis on quality at all times.
* To promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary's obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Health & Safety, both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
* To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post